Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We know dental care and treatment can sometimes seem complicated. We always encourage our patients to ask us any questions they might have concerning their oral care. Patient education is important, and we want you to fully understand the why and the how behind every treatment recommendation we make.
We tend to hear a lot of the same questions numerous times, and we've collected some of those and put them here. If you have a question that is not answered here, please don't hesitate to ask. There is no such thing as a silly question!
- What do those probing numbers mean when you measure my gums?
- I'm missing a tooth. What are my options?
- If I have a tooth infection, why can't I just take an antibiotic? Won’t that fix it?
- Why do some teeth need fillings and other need crowns?
- Can I just wait until something bothers me before seeking treatment?
- Why doesn't my insurance cover everything?